WHAT ARE some Common Detox Symptoms AND WHY DO THEY HAPPEN?
Detoxification is a continuously running process that cannot be stopped, started, sped up, or slowed down. It is the natural cleaning and repair processes that our bodies go through 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for as long as we are alive. Detox is not something that we do to the body, nor is it something that we can control, speed up or slow down. We cannot take products to detox the body and we cannot stop detox processes. All we can do is add a burden to the body or alleviate the burden. To learn more about the realities of detox visit What is detox?
Today I would like to talk about what symptoms of detoxification we might experience and why, as well as some things we can do to help navigate our way through a healing event or healing crisis with as much comfort as possible.
Detox symptoms can range from mild to severe depending on a wide range of factors. These include the overall toxicity of our body, the total available energy (which is sometimes called vitality or nerve energy), the toxicity of the particular substance the body is trying to eliminate, the speed at which the body can eliminate, the location of the toxicity and its proximity to various channels of elimination.
The most common detoxification symptoms are:
- Cold and flu symptoms – sneezing, coughing, runny nose, fever, congestion
- Stomach pain
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath/Difficulty breathing (that is not a chronic condition)
- Frequent or urgent urination
- Mucus, Pus, or discharge
- Ear Wax
- Eye “sand” and other discharges from the eyes
- Red or itchy skin
- Dry Skin
- Emotional swings
- Weight loss
- Bowel irritation including blood or mucus in stools
- Brain fog
- White, black, brown, or yellow coating on the tongue
- Heart palpitations, racing heart, or irregular heartbeat
More severe detox symptoms can include:
- Nerve pain
- Twitching, tremors, or seizures
- Old injuries reappearing
- Ulcers or sores opening
- Tumors rise to the surface and then expel outwards
- Temporary paralysis
- Temporary increase in tumor size
- Loss of muscle mass (the body gets rid of muscle built with inferior animal proteins)
- Brown urine
- Mental confusion
- Loose teeth, gum recession
- Loss of sight or hearing
What to do when symptoms arise
The most important thing we can do whenever symptoms arise is to not add to the problem. The body requires energy to eliminate waste, toxins, and poisons, the less burden we create on our body the faster the body can eliminate problems and return to normal and ideal function.
Some best practices when entering a healing event include:
- Going to bed – Resting allows the body to move energy inward to help the cleaning processes progress and complete faster.
- Water Fasting – Digestion is one of our body’s largest energy drains. When we eat we divert energy away from the healing processes causing any symptoms we are experiencing to last longer. When we abstain from eating even for just a short time the body can shift the energy normally drained by digestion directly into the healing processes allowing them to complete more quickly and without complications.
- Drinking plenty of water – The solution to pollution is dilution. Get your water intake up to help lubricate the elimination channels and dilute the acids and toxins the body is trying to expel so they cause less pain and symptoms on the way out. Most people feel their best when drinking between 1 and 2 gallons of water per day. Distilled water is the preferred water – learn why distilled is best here: THE SLOW PETRIFACTION OF THE BODY FROM INORGANIC MINERAL CONSUMPTION
- Eating watery and fasting digesting fruits – If you cannot fast through a symptom or healing event then your next best option is watery fruits or juices. Fresh-pressed orange juice or eating melons and other fast-digesting fruits provide the body with hydration, alkaline minerals to neutralize acids, and the right sugar to run every cell in the body without requiring conversation.
- Avoiding harmful substances – When the body is in a healing crisis the last thing we want to do is add more poison to the body. Avoid all harmful substances like drugs, supplements, salt, spices, caffeine, stimulants, alcohol, cooked foods, animal foods or any other form of poison.
Healing the body is not always a pleasant process. What goes in must come out eventually. When we embark on a healing process we are forced to experience the consequences which we have been putting off for many years on end with our drugging practices. However, the process is worthwhile. We are choosing short-term pain for long-term gain. The gain far outweighs the pain. The only way out of chronic disease is to endure a little bit of short-term discomfort. This process does not need to be a stressful or scary experience. If we are prepared with the right knowledge we can approach healing with confidence, calm, and poise. Having support along the way can be invaluable as well. If you need support, we are here to help you at any step along the way.
Have more questions? Want to get answers about your specific health issues or concerns? We offer consultations here: https://www.therawkey.com/consultations/
Ready to make changes but not sure how to begin? Need some motivation or accountability? Why not join our 30-Day Terrain Model Diet Support and Education Group: New Groups start on the 1st of every month! https://www.therawkey.com/terrain-diet-support-group/
Eat fruit and be well my friends.